Friday, December 30, 2005

"Ma, Doctor... Where are you guys? Look at me, I'm not just standing there, I'm doing something..."

It's only done that I declare this new blog with a sincere coconut-splitting introduction. Or a delicately elegant ribbon-cutting one. That I bungle into the New Year with a list of somethings - resolutions, objectives, happy moments, whatever.

But here's the truth, Doctor, I'm stuck... Words don't pour, thoughts grow less profounder by the minute, there's this terrible bout of cold-fingers. Where are the mind-blowing sentences I had lined up? The hard-hitting thoughts that plagued me throughout my life till this last moment? The devil-may-care humour that I wanted for copyright?

See Doctor, this is exactly what I meant... I can, I can, I know I can, yet your sombre walls seem to crumble down on me. I am the essential zombied non-performer, your ideal no-show client. From where I look at it, from here in this couch, you are no better off than I am. The world is no better off than I am. Then why am I here? Why do I need a bloody blog to prove myself? And, for that matter, what was it exactly that I wanted to prove? Come again, Doctor, come again...

Very well and in that case, since you refuse to put in a word, let this blog be a quest for the thing I want to prove. Let it be a hunt, Doctor, a wild one, but let me assure you, an honest one. Does that sound novel enough, Doctor? Ask me, then, ask me why I want things to be novel enough... Say something, Doctor, say something...

9 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger death said...

err..who's the doctor and who's wanting what? funny too..but eh, why was the post funny? why should it be funny?...

man, you've got me all jaded!! Gemme a lemonade and lemme drink peace for a while :D

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger ace of spades said...

"Say something, Doctor, say something"

pop a pill child, relax, take a deep breath and pull the trigger.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger 100hands said...

Maps of tacit.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Ghetufool said...

ddugm,
what do you expect the doctor to treat you for?
if i would have been the doctor i would have given you an injection to sleep. u need rest it seems.
happy new year.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Walrus said...

are we then allowed to act the Doctor and pour forth our answers?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger melon collie said...

an apple a day, i say.
something rather paradoxical about blogging about blogger's block, would you agree :) ?

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Prerona said...

:)

nice blog. thanks for visiting mine. happy new year. ill be back for more. adding you to my reading list :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Patient Portnoy said...

Death: Is it funny? Looks funny to me :-)

Ace: Cant pull the trigger, buddy, found no pill chill enuf to do that

100: Huh?

Ghetu: Bless you, sleeeeeeeep, yes need it, give it to me

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Patient Portnoy said...

Walrus: Welcome, and here's ur chance to act doctor

Melon: Yes, huge block, looking at apples/melons to lift me out of it :-)

Prerona: Thanks to u too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home